I am so excited to be writing about this recipe right now. I’ve been wanting to create a pizza recipe for my blog for so long, and I’m so glad I’m finally able to share this one with you! I’ve been making this recipe at home for quite a long time now, and it’s quickly becoming one of my favourite things to cook. It’s so easy and quick to prepare, and the whole pizza is ready to be eaten within half an hour!
All there is to do, is chop the vegetables, blend the sauce, and put them onto the pizza base before cooking it in the oven. Then, just put some vegan cheese on top for the last few minutes of baking, and voila! Pizza heaven is served.
For the pizza base, I used Dr Schar’s free from pizza base – which is vegan, refined sugar free and gluten free! It tastes just like a regular pizza base, and has a great texture. It’s a really amazing product, and I’ve been making pizza almost every week since I discovered their bases. So I definitely recommend trying them.
For the cheese, I used Vegusto’s Melty Cheese, which I always use when it comes to cooking something with a cheesy flavour. They make the best vegan cheese, and their ‘no moo melty‘ melts perfectly, as well as tasting incredible on top of the pizza.
Then, for the sauce I used Cirio’s tomato passata and tomato puree. They recently sent me some of their beautiful products to feature on my blog, so I knew this pizza recipe would be the perfect opportunity to share their brand with you. I love their products, and have been cooking with them for years! They really are the best.
As their passata and puree are of such great quality and have such an amazing taste, they really bring out the flavours in the sauce – which I seasoned with garlic, chilli, smoked paprika, mixed herbs etc., to make it really special. In my opinion, the sauce is the most important part of a pizza, so it’s definitely worth using the best ingredients to make it! After all, there’s nothing better than diving into a pizza that’s covered in a mouth watering tomato sauce.
I love this recipe, and I can easily eat the whole pizza in one sitting, so I really hope you like it! Also, feel free to swap any of the toppings, or add any other extra vegetables that you like to suit you.
for the base:
1 pizza base – I used Schar’s
for the sauce:
1 cup (250ml) passata – I used Cirio’s
2 tsp tomato puree – I used Cirio’s
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/8 tsp vegetable stock powder – I used bouillon
1/4 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tbsp yeast flakes
1 small onion
1/2 red pepper
2 tbsp sweet corn
2 tbsp peas
vegan cheese, amount to taste – I used Vegusto’s Melty
PREHEAT OVEN TO 200 C / 392 F
1. Firstly, make the sauce. Add the passata, tomato puree, garlic, mixed herbs, smoked paprika, chilli powder, vegetable stock powder, salt and pepper into a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
2. Then, finely chop the onion, mushroom and red pepper.
3. Next, remove the pizza base from it’s packaging and place it onto a baking tray. Then pour the tomato sauce on top, followed by the nutritional yeast, and then the chopped vegetables, peas and sweet corn.
4. When this is done, move the pizza into the oven to bake for 15 minutes. When 15 minutes has past, remove the pizza from the oven and grate the cheese on top, before moving the pizza back into the oven to bake for a final 5 minutes.
5. When the pizza has finished cooking, remove it from the oven, slice and serve.