Hi Everyone! I am wishing you all a wonderful Monday. To bring some sunshine into your day, today I am sharing with you the recipe for some golden orange + turmeric cupcakes. I made these delicious cupcakes in collaboration with East End Foods, featuring their beautiful, high quality turmeric.
The texture of these cupcakes is light, sweet and fluffly – with a refreshing, vibrant orange flavour. To add a hint of bitterness, and balance out their sweetness, I topped the cupcakes with a drizzle of rich dark chocolate to finish.
These cupcakes are gluten free, vegan, and sweetened with coconut sugar. They are such a fun recipe to make, so I really hope you enjoy them!
orange + turmeric cupcakes
makes 9 cupcakes
1/2 cup (125ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
1/2 tsp orange extract
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup (110g) coconut sugar
2 tbsp tapioca flour
1/2 cup (75g) buckwheat flour
1/2 cup (60g) ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
zest 1 orange
75g dark chocolate
PREHEAT YOUR OVEN TO 150 C / 302 F
- Firstly, add your orange juice, courgette, vegetable oil, orange extract and apple cider vinegar into a blender, and blend until smooth. Then, set aside.
- Next, Add the buckwheat flour, ground almonds, tapioca flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Stir everything together until well mixed. Then add in the coconut sugar, turmeric and orange zest. Stir again until thoroughly mixed.
- Next, add in the blended liquid. Stir everything together until a smooth cake mixture has formed.
- When this is done, line a cupcake tray with 9 cases. Fill each case about 3/4 full with the cake mixture, until all of the mixture is used up.
- Then, add the cupcakes into the oven to bake for about 12 minutes.
- Once the cupcakes have cooked, remove them from the heat and set them aside to cool.
- While the cupcakes cool, place a pan onto a medium heat and add in the dark chocolate. Stir the chocolate together until it has melted.
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove it from the heat, and drizzle it on top of the cupcakes to serve.
- You can enjoy the cupcakes whilst the chocolate is still warm, or you can wait for the chocolate to set before serving. Enjoy!