Hi Everyone, and happy holidays! I am back with a couple of festive recipes and videos coming your way to enjoy and indulge in over the winter season. To create these recipes, I teamed up with East End Foods, who provided me with their beautiful spices to add to the dishes I created.
The first dish I’m sharing with you today are my Chilli Roast Potatoes. Just to warn you – these are spicy! So if you don’t like things too hot, you can always omit the additional 1/8tsp of chilli powder, and just stick with the chilli flakes. This recipe is full of flavour, and uses chilli, garlic, paprika, turmeric, vegetable stock, salt and pepper to season. So, if you’re looking to add a twist to the classic roast potato, you’ve come to the right place.
chilli roast potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1/8 tsp East End chilli powder
1/2 tsp vegetable stock powder
1 tsp East End chilli flakes
1/4 tsp East End garlic powder
1/4 tsp East End paprika
1/4 tsp East End turmeric
PREHEAT YOUR OVEN 200C/392F
- Chop the potatoes into rough cubes. Fill a medium sized pan about half way with water, enough to cover the potatoes, and place onto a medium-high heat. Once the water boils, add the potatoes into the pan and cook for about 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the olive oil into a large heatproof dish or baking tray, and place it into the oven to heat up.
- Once the potatoes are ready, remove them from the heat, drain and set aside.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven, and add the spices, vegetable stock powder, salt and pepper in with the oil. Stir the spices into the oil. Then, add the potatoes, and mix them into the oil and spices until evenly covered.
- Place the potatoes into the oven to cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the potatoes, stir them around to coat them in the remaining oil and spices, and then place them back into the oven to cook for a final 10-15 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are golden, remove them from the oven and serve.