I’m back with my second dish for International Sweet Potato Week, and for this dish I created a main course meal. This is a really simple dinner or lunch recipe you can make for yourself or friends! It is full of flavour but also really healthy and filling. You can pair this potato dish with some different mezze, roasted vegetables, salad, hummus, or anything else you’d like.
I hope you enjoy the recipe!
spicy stuffed sweet potato
2 large sweet potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp curry powder
1/8 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp agave nectar
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 400g tin black beans, drained
PREHEAT OVEN TO 200C/392F
- Pierce the sweet potatoes and add them into the oven to bake for about 40 minutes.
- After 20 minutes have passed, prepare the stuffing. Place a large pan onto a medium heat and add in the oil, curry powder, chilli powder and salt. Stir together for about 1 minute.
- Then, slice the courgette and add it to the oil mixture. Fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add in the chopped tomatoes, black beans and agave nectar. Stir everything together until well mixed, and allow the sauce to simmer over the next 15 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the sauce can thicken and flavours develop.
- When the potatoes have cooked, remove them from the oven and then slice them down the middle. Remove the stuffing mixture from the pan and spoon half of it onto the middles of each potato.
- Then, press the sweet potatoes together to hold the stuffing. Place the potatoes back onto a tray and into the oven for a final 5-10 minutes.
- Once this is done, remove the potatoes from the oven and serve.