As we arrive into the first Mercury Retrograde of 2019, and with today being a New Moon in Pisces, it feels like the perfect time to shut yourself away, take care of yourself and review the intentions you set for 2019. Spend some time alone with you and your thoughts. We’re already near the end of this year’s first quarter, so what is it you set out to achieve in 2019, and what is it you really want?
I think we all felt the hit of January/February. I put a lot of pressure on this year, and was still feeling quite unbalanced in the first couple months of it. 2019, representing the number ‘3’ in numerology relates to the 3rd chakra – stamina, willpower, drive, success, the physical body, seeing things through to the end, courage and power (side note: as I base most of my work around chakra energy, I like to relate my numerology to that too – it keeps things simple, and for the most part – it works). So, for me, this is the year of physical achievement. Get the dreams and desires out from your head and into physical reality.
Many people I follow have said that March felt more like the beginning of 2019 than January or February did – and I can definitely say that I felt the energy of 2018 lingering on a little longer than I expected (although not in a bad way). So changing my perspective and seeing March, the 3rd month in a ‘3’ year as the new launch into 2019, makes the perfect time to review and reset whatever it is you’re choosing to accomplish this year.
Today also makes the perfect energy to do so, too. Mercury retrograde will be with us until March 28th, so that gives us almost the entire month to focus on ourselves, our inner world and our introspection. Mercury, the planet of communication, asks us to look at our inner dialogue and inner agendas when it takes a step back and goes retrograde. Now is the time to focus less on what’s going on in the outer reality, and more on what’s happening inside – as your inner self has the greatest influence on what happens in the physical world anyway.
Slow down and reevaluate. The right things will wait for you, and will be better made with a secure decision. As the New Moon falls in watery Pisces – now is the time to look at your emotions in relation to what you want to achieve. Are your emotions your driving force? Are they holding you back? Are they justified or imbalanced? A lot of the time, our emotions are triggered by past trauma, so it’s important we check up on ourselves and have a heart-to-heart with our inner child. Pisces is a highly intuitive, sensitive sign with great psychic ability, and that’s something we can all tap into today. If you’re a pisces, you may be feeling this energy even more today. Like the title, the ‘New Moon’ is all about generating the ‘new’, so use this interior time as an opportunity to recreate, regenerate, or see the hidden gems within you that you’re ready to share with the world – which could bring potential for a whole new reality in your existence.
So, with the entrance now open to a month of introspection through Mercury, and a time to look at how our emotions affect our goals with this Pisces Moon, use the energy of today and this month of March to connect with you – the real you, the self beyond the mask, and the inner world inside the cage of the human body.
What do we do now? Whilst words help, it’s through physical action that we create change – and this ‘3’ year is all about the physical after all. So on this day, and over the coming weeks, here are some suggestions which may help:
On this new moon:
– Kundalini Moon Kriya – to energise yourself:
– Shower/bathe/be in water. With a watery new moon, today is the perfect time to connect with this element. Take your time with water as a sacred part of your day. Use your favourite bath soaks, oils etc. and just enjoy time in itself. Find pleasure in the stillness.
– Write. Free write, take a pen to paper and see what emotions, words and feelings want to flow through you. Let any inspirations, guidance or desires make their way onto paper.
During Mercury Retrograde:
– Kundalini Kirtan Kriya. This kriya is very powerful for connection to your intuition and psychic potential. It’s perfect for tapping into your inner world:
– Take care of yourself, your diet, your body. On New Years Eve, I wrote up a 3 day programme of healthy recipes, mantras and meditations to help heal body, mind and spirit for 2019. Times like Mercury Retrograde are perfect for starting practices like this. You can purchase it below:
Here’s one of my recipes from the eBook to get you started:
apple, pear & berry chia pudding
for the chia pudding:
4 tbsp chia seeds
1 1/2 cups (375ml) Alpro original unsweetened Almond Milk
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
for the compote:
- Add the chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, maple syrup and almond milk into a mixing bowl. Stir everything together until well mixed. Move the bowls into the fridge for about 2 hours to thicken and gel up. Check and stir the mixture once every 30 minutes or so.
- 10 minutes before the chia pudding has been in the fridge for 2 hours, make the berry compote. Add the raspberries, blackberries, maple syrup and water into a medium sized pan, and place it onto a medium heat. Stir the mixture together for 10 minutes, pressing the fruit and breaking it down as you stir it. Then, when the sauce has thickened into a compote consistency, remove it from the heat and set it aside to cool.
- Next, grate the apple and pear. Then, remove the chia pudding from the fridge, and stir the apple and pear into it until everything is well mixed. Then place it back into the fridge.
- When the fruit compote has cooled, prepare the chia puddings. Place 1/4 of the chia pudding into a bowl, followed by 2 tbsp of yogurt, and 1/4 of the berry compote. Then, add another 1/4 of the chia pudding on top, followed by 2 tbsp of yogurt and 1/4 of the fruit compote. When this is done, repeat this process in another bowl to make the second serving.
- Lastly, top the bowls with some raspberries, blackberries, pistachios and dark chocolate to serve.
Thank you all for reading this.
Stay true to yourself, and stay connected this month of March. Have a beautiful month. May the wisdom of this moon and retrograde illuminate your hidden potential, ready for it to be birthed into the world.
Sat nam, Harriet.