Happy Autumn Everybody!
I hope you’re all enjoying the change of seasons and are welcoming in all the beauty that appears in our lives during this time of year. I really love to watch the leaves changing colour, and getting lost in London’s parks during its cold crisp mornings. I also find Autumn to be the perfect time to indulge in more comforting food dishes, and deliciously warming treats. Macaroni Cheese is 100% an Autumnal staple in my life, and I normally end up making this dish on a weekly basis.
For this recipe, I teamed up with East End Foods to highlight some of their delicious spices which I’ve included in this dish! They make the highest quality spices and ingredients which I always use when I’m cooking, so I am very happy to be teaming up with them for this favourite recipe of mine. I hope you enjoy it!
200g vegan mozzarella, cubed or grated
1 cup (150g) cashews + 2 cups (500ml) boiling water
5 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp salt – I used East End Foods
1/4 tsp turmeric – I used East End Foods
1/2 tsp paprika – I used East End Foods
1/4 tsp black pepper – I used East End Foods
1/4 tsp chilli powder – I used East End Foods
1/4 tsp garlic powder – I used East End Foods
1 1/2 tsp tapioca flour
2 cups (250g) macaroni pasta
PREHEAT OVEN TO 200 C / 392 F
- Firstly, fill a pan with water half way, place it onto a medium-high heat and bring it to a boil. Then, add the pasta and cook it for the amount of time stated on it’s packaging.
- In the meantime, make the sauce. Add the cashews into a blender with the boiling water and blend until smooth. When this is done, pour the cashew cream into a large pan.
- Place the pan onto a medium heat and add in the nutritional yeast, paprika, turmeric, chilli, salt and pepper. Stir until well mixed. Then add in the vegan cheese and mix it together until it has melted into the sauce (I find it easiest to do this using a hand whisk). Once the sauce is smooth, remove the sauce from the heat and add in the tapioca flour to thicken the sauce. Stir until smooth.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain it and then pour the pasta into the sauce. Stir it in until evenly mixed.
- Then, pour the macaroni cheese into a heat proof dish, and move it into the oven to cook for around 20-25 minutes until golden brown on the top. When this is done, remove the dish from the oven, and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.